Asus Transformer has not even made it to the market and someone has not only been able to get their filthy hands on the tablet but has also rooted it. Yes, he has been able to gain root access and this means that you will be able to all sorts of mods on it the day it hit the market shelves. UPDATE – Rooting instructions are up.
The specs of the Transformer tablet by Asus go like these – 10.1-inch capacitive display, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, 10 finger multi touch scroll, Android 3.0 operating system, 1GB internal storage, 512MB RAM, micro SD card slot, 680 grams, 5 mega pixel camera, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, 2x (micro) USB ports and A GPS.
Here are the rooting instructions:
1) download the following .zip
2) copy it to the microSD card
3) reboot the device holding power + volume down
4) select to boot into recovery (RCK)
5) the update will flash and reboot
6) you now have root (please remove .zip from microSD card)
Also check out:Asus Transformer Root, root transformer, transformer root, root asus transformer, rooting asus transformer, how to root transformer, asus transformer, rooting transformer